Monday, September 1, 2008

Black Gold


It was back to rot digging for me. I prepared myself for the worst, and got several pleasant surprises. First I fully expected to do the initial cleaning of the engine room, but Travis jumped in and saved me from that awful task.  How nice!   When I did finally climb down into the engine room  and took a close look at the job, it turned out to NOT  be as terrible as I expected.
The rot to be removed does not go as high up the hull as  in some previous spots,  and he engine room "hole"  was pretty roomy in comparison to lets say the hallway, which I still think was the worst of it.  I think I got something like 5, 5 gallon buckets of rot out,  which made for about 1/2 of the engine room...with the other 1/2 to go next week. 

No comments: