Thursday, March 3, 2011

dogs and cats



Lately the weather here has been a touch schizophrenic. Kind of like Billy. After his latest "accident", he seems even more crazy. Is it spring he smells or has he turned the corner to full blown madness?

Here's the mystery though. Why is it that the boat could be lurching furiously, knocking things off the shelves, cup jingling, fenders banging against the hull, ropes screeching as they strain in the crazy wind we've been having, and Billy seems oblivious to it all. But hang a towel in the salon railing, and its all over, he's unable to cope. 

I don't get it. What is he doing when he's sitting, swaying with eyes dimly closed, tail switching? Tell me that's not suspicious behavior. Or when he suddenly darts out of the room and gallops around the deck. Just wanted some exercise? Does he understand more then I think he does or less? Is he ignoring me out of spite or is that bucket really that interesting? With Chopper its easy, it seems I could read his mind. But Billy continues to surprise and intrigue me. 

Does that make me a dog person?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy is so glamorous!

judith said...

I agree, cats are really weird sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I think that makes you a dog person. Me too. Chopper is adorable!

Unknown said...

If you ask me he is effing with you. Did you go inspect the bucket? Would you have otherwise? I believe he was simply exercising his control over you and that he was actually observing you... not the bucket. I smell a conspiracy.

Travis and Maggie said...

Your insight both frightens and inspires me, Bad Monkey.

Laura and Hans said...

I believe Bad Monkey knows what he's talking about! I'd start sleeping with one eye open.

Travis and Maggie said...

LOL that won't be a problem given this wind that has been whipping us around lately , Laura!