Working on the boat has become impossible with the temperature in the lower teens at night and barely reaching 20 during the day. We did brave the cold a couple of weeks ago, but it was a miserable experience. I cut out wood for a section of keel to be put in. That's usually Travis' job
but we're really behind now in the wood replacement, with the engine room still needing ribs, so I decided to take over that seemingly simple job. It turned out to be hellish work,with each little piece needing to be shaped individually and then leveled into place. That was actually kinda fun. It was the epoxy that screwed me, always either too little or too much. Soon I was sticky, pissed off, ... and defeated. Yup, there's a lot of grinding to do on that spot to make it look good.
Meanwhile Travis ground down the new planking in the engine room, and got himself set up to put in ribs next weekend. He's doing an awesome job! Just look at the little "stairs" he's cutting out in the old ribs to join the new ones. And this spot was NOT easy to get to either! This boat is going to be so freakin awesome!