Sunday, March 15, 2009

Keep going

Today we get internet! We went with the broadband connection, since  my quest for the right adapter, for our new kick ass WiFi antenna, turned up nothing, except to point out, that I need the internet to order the right one. So here we are.

Today Travis was going to remove the shear clamp and scarf it in  place, after which I can come in and put down the flooring which attaches to the beams. We had ripped out a large section of the floor because it was rotten, and  have thus thrown ourselves into this project with both feet. Now we have to lay the floor down, replace several rotten, outer planks, and, only then, can we move on to building our master berth, which was the reason for all of this in the first place. I know I'm missing some steps, as the rebuilding of our port door, and scupper, also have to happen at some point.  The thing that keeps me going, is that building new things is less time consuming and more fun then taking out the old. And we really are almost to that point. 

I did say was going to because, it rained all day and we chose to move more stuff instead. We got a small storage building where we will keep all of Me Voy's stuff, and some other materials. I never though I'd be the kind of person who rents a storage space. But, I never thought I'd have two big beautiful boats either, so much for thinking!

Me Voy meanwhile has not been totally forgotten. I went  last week and epoxied the last of the bilge; now it needs another coat and then paint.  Then its  the engine room and thru hulls, steering  and bottom paint, mast and rigging, and after that we are in the water, getting towed to Baltimore, where we can work some more.  The thing that keeps me going here, is that we can, potentially, be sailing this fall! After two and a half years of nothing but grunt work, that would be such a joy!

2 comments:

judith said...

Is the floor going into the new boat? Did I miss the name of it? I'm confused... Pictures please... I know it's a pain in the arse while you're working, but it really makes me feel like I'm there. I love taking some thing old a grungy and turning it into something beautiful again. Launch in 6 mos!!!!! Fantastic!

Travis and Maggie said...

I know, how lame to have no pics! I'm working on it though. Yes the floor is for the new boat Lucy Maru. Had to take it out coz it was rotten, and couldn't wait coz it effected other parts. A kind of "the hip bone is connected to the thigh bone" situation.